Revelations
Revelations can start in unexpected ways. Occasionally they come upon me in the aisle of
the supermarket when a package of something may trigger a new association,
which leads to an “Aha” moment of memory, understanding or problem solving. Sometimes in the morning, if I enter gently into
wakefulness, a surge of creativity can occur in thought and in ideation and an
artistic concept emerges or a painting worry is relieved. I have experienced similar surges waking from
naps in the studio, to look at work in progress and see clearly with those
bleary waking eyes – “Oh that’s what I need to do:” suddenly obvious in the half dream, half wake
state.
I hate to admit it, but physical activity can push the mind
into a creative and shifting point of view as well. I’m not much for athletics,
but running like a hamster on a wheel, or dancing on my own, for extended
periods of time, can also push me into the mindset of revelation.
The strangest shift, by far, for me, is that brought on by
the actions of other people. Not the verbal
argumentation of others, because that is the value and purpose of discussion:
to present differing points of view and grow through interaction: similar growth
is expected from reading. However, when
the life, behaviors, and personal interactions of other people alter my state
of mind, the shift can be quite jarring, especially when it becomes a revelation
of my own personality.
I’m sure I look peculiar when these changes in understanding
take place. I seem to be, in those
moments, between two worlds; one of past understanding and one of new
perspective. Those “moments” can sometimes be hours, depending on the nature
and depth of the changes to my conceptual understanding, of my environment, or of
the larger world in which I reside. When
the shift is that long, I feel out of step, unsure of almost every perception. Its not a bad state of mind in which to be,
but it is disquieting; it is a state of passage, not dwelling.
Change carries with it an excitement for growth, but also the
inevitable need for mourning the loss of the familiar, and likely to have been
comfortable, attitude. These times of progress
and insight can alter a mindset held dear for decades. The growth, confidence and sorrow, can be
over whelming, but the balance of deeper self-knowledge is worth it.
Comments
Hue Day Trip from Da Nang| Phong Nha Pioneer Travel| Central Vietnam Package Tour| Viet Tours| My Son Tours| Hoi An Eco Tour| Tour Service Provider1| Tour Service Provider2| Tour Service Provider3| Tour Service Provider4| Tour Service Provider5| Tour Service Provider6| Tour Service Provider7| Tour Service Provider8| Tour Service Provider9| Tour Service Provider10| Tour Service Provider11| Tour Service Provider12| Tour Service Provider13| Tour Service Provider14| Tour Service Provider15| Tour Service Provider16| Tour Service Provider17| Tour Service Provider18| Tour Service Provider19| Tour Service Provider20
Post a Comment